Thursday 1 January 2015

Running in January

I'm hoping to do something a bit different this year. Twelve months, twelve monthly challenges. Some will be fitness-related, others will be artistic or creative. Some I might not have thought of yet. I have 11 months to get around to deciding what December will be. For January, though, my challenge to myself is this: run every day. I enjoy running, but I slack off regularly, so I'm going to go every single day for all of January. I'll be running about 5km per day, since that's about the distance required by the heart monitor watch my Dad got me for Christmas a couple of years ago. It varies the intensity and time, but it always seems to work out to running about 5km. I have a standard route to follow and on most days I'll be doing this before breakfast. Some days it might be at the gym, if it rains, or in sprints on the treadmill, interspersed with weights. Whatever the form, it will be every day. Count on that.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I'll be writing progress here, assuming it's interesting enough.
PPS - Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments: