Monday 12 January 2015

Fitter

Weight: 81.9kg
Distance: 5.49km
Time: 34m:55s
Average speed: 9.43kph

That weight up there is both strange and a worry. It's a worry because over a year ago we joined Weight Watchers and at that time I weighed 82kg. It was about the heaviest I've ever been as an adult. It's strange, though, because I feel really good today. Also my work trousers - a size 82 waist - fit quite well. If I'm bloating out, it's a real struggle fitting into an 82 waist and I need to bust out the size 87s. In short, I'm really not sure what's going on with my weight and I wish I'd been measuring girth instead.

My normal cardio workout at the gym right now consists of 5km at 10kph on level 2. It's taxing but possible, so that's where I'll be staying for a while. The uphill section is the real killer, of course. I'm making my peace with working out at the gym and showering there, in part because we definitely won't have a working shower at home now for at least another week. I just need to stay on top of the laundry, which I have not done today.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Tomorrow might be an evening workout as a result.
PPS - I really feel like I'm getting fitter, in general.

No comments: