Sunday 2 April 2006

The Sunday Mok - Carny for a Day

Sunday - I took a one-hour nap in the afternoon because of my relatively late night on Saturday while Deb played City of Heroes. When I woke up, we switched. I ran the computer in the evening church service where we had a guest speaker. Only four of us went to the Coffee Club afterwards.
Monday - Two problems with the timesheet system at work, neither of which was my fault or under my control. Bible study at Erin's in the evening, sitting outside where it was a comfortable temperature but noisy.
Tuesday - The staff appraisals database finally started being used, but not for long, since it turned out to be slightly broken. Also Yan's Asset Knowledgebase had some issues. Karate in the evening mostly involved games and punching bags.
Wednesday - I had a problem with the appraisals database that wasn't easily solved and the information gathering was also broken. I had dinner at Deb's where we watched a few Stargate SG-1 episodes.
Thursday - I got the appraisal database working again and attended a training session on managing work. For an hour after work I helped Deb sort clothes for the April Fair on Saturday, then went to Dad & Beth's for dinner.
Friday - In the evening I helped with site works for April Fair, carrying tables and erecting stalls. I think I was meant to be a bit more in charge.
Saturday - April Fair itself, what the church has been leading up to for weeks (if not months) now. I arrived at 08:30 and ran the bowling lane from 10:00 until 15:00 with a short break for lunch. I left at around 16:30 and then had to get ready for a formal dinner at Mt Coot-tha. When I got home at 23:00, I was wiped out.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Dinner conversation with Tim touched on the topic of "shrimp cutlery".
PPS - Cheese knives are the gay dwarfs of the knife world, apparently.

No comments: