Friday 7 April 2006

Calling in "sick"

I don't call in sick unless I'm actually sick, but I've sometimes wondered how far the definition stretches. Today might have been a good day to stay home on account of mental illness. I feel everything just pressing in and I haven't had much time to myself in the past several weeks. I need some kind of break, preferably near a beach and away from even the everyday at-home activities. I'd need about a week, though, not just a day.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I've only got two regular working days between now and Easter.
PPS - That might help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of "Mental Health Days".

These are to be taken when you simply can't face the idea of another salmon day at work, and need something as simple as a day to yourself, where you do nothing except what you want to do yourself.

Very popular these days!

John said...

I have heard of the "mental health day" concept, but I don't tend to use it. It's not what sick leave was made for. And my problem is not exactly that I can't face another day at work, but rather that I remember a time about three weeks ago when I took a deep breath between breakfast and dressing for work. That was the closest thing I've had to rest and relaxation recently.