Monday 29 March 2010

TV I've been watching: V and Psych

I tend to have at least one TV show I'm keeping track of at any given time. At the moment, I'm watching V and Psych.

With V, I have a vague recollection of the show from when I was a kid. And when I say "vague", I mean really vague. Like a 2-second shot seared into my childhood memories of a woman swallowing a live rat. Now that I'm older and watching the remake, there's a little more context, and so far I like it. I'm starting to feel like I might need a diagram to keep track of the different factions and attitudes towards the apparently-benevolent-but-secretly-evil visitor aliens and the humans who love or loathe them, but on the whole I'm enjoying it.

With Psych, I just enjoy watching James Roday playing his way through police cases like a kid with the best toy ever. At times his pseudo-psychic antics remind me of Ben Stiller, and once or twice I thought he reminded me of Jim Carrey, too. He's neither, since he does his own thing too, and I like the dynamic between him and his best friend. Hilarious stuff, and the quality of comedy writing that's usually reserved for movies.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Maggie Lawson as Juliet O'Hara reminds me a bit of Alicia Silverstone.
PPS - But a bit more cultured and articulate.

No comments: