Monday 2 March 2009

What's missing?

There are two things I miss about my new house. In the house where I grew up, we had a spacious bedroom, a spacious lounge room, a spacious kitchen and a spacious dining area. In the new house, we have room enough in the master bedroom for the bed and little else, a tiny second bedroom, a smaller kitchen, a smaller everything. We don't even have shelves to put up most of our knick-knacks. I miss the space.

The other thing I miss is the cat. We went to visit on Thursday night, and dug the cat out of her hiding space in the corner. She felt so tiny and she's losing her hair now. Deb keeps saying the body corporate would be pretty heartless to deny a man his feline companion of ten years, but I don't see that they owe us anything or need to be particularly nice to us. I don't expect anything from them but flat refusal if we ask to bring the cat in.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Still, at least we can have the fish.
PPS - But they're more like decoration than pets.

No comments: