Monday 1 January 2007

Spring cleaning

Over a year after moving out, Dad is finally clearing the master bedroom here. Beth is helping by providing a zero-sentiment assessment of each item uncovered. Most of it seems likely to go to charity or the dump. Among the archaeological discoveries are two safari suits, a large number of unfashionable shirts and many pairs of trousers with belts still threaded.

I've got a lot of spring cleaning to do too, and perhaps these days where I have little else on my schedule would be a good chance for that. I doubt I'll find any junior safari suits in my collection, but I haven't done a large-scale wardrobe purge since for many years.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I imagine a few purges were done on my behalf as I grew up.
PPS - Especially as I outgrew my clothes.

6 comments:

Erin Marie said...

Oh, please tell me that you kept at least one of the safari suits! That is amazing!

Anonymous said...

yeah, you cant throw out safari suits, what if one day a jungle suddenly springs up in australia and your the only person who can explore it, and what better way to look PIMP while you explore a forest than in a safari suit?

John said...

I did keep the safari suits, though it's doubtful you'll ever get to see me in one of them. I plan to donate them to a school drama costume cupboard. The unfortunate thing about these particular suits is that they are without pith helmets.

Erin Marie said...

Awww, come on. One day we'll have a murder mystery and there'll be a character that has to have a safari suit and you'll be the only one who can play it because you're the only one with a safari suit. You know it's true.

Or we could write some kind of Easter/Christmas play for church that involves you wearing a safari suit...

John said...

You'd do that, wouldn't you? You'd deliberately seek out a murder mystery that involves safari suits, and you'd write a Christmas or Easter play specifically to get me to pull it out again.

And now the weird thing is that it feels like we're making fun of me for my Dad's old clothes. The world is a strange place.

Erin Marie said...

The world? Or just me?