Sunday 21 January 2007

The Sunday Mok - Designated Driver

Sunday - Though I left for church much later than usual, I was still very early. I did grocery shopping and read the news, then Dad and Beth came around to show us how to keep the place clean. That's a useful lesson for bachelors. I sang in the evening church service and we had supper at the Coffee Club.
Monday - There had been some software change requests filed while I was away from work, so I was able to get stuck in straight away. When I got home I went for a jog, then spent the evening failing to update my MP3 player firmware and driver.
Tuesday - More of the same at work, then City of Heroes at night.
Wednesday - I spent the day at work tracking down some missing data as well as working on the performance appraisals database. I stayed late, caught a different bus home and went for a jog. When I was done, I watched a disc of Star Trek Enterprise.
Thursday - Dinner at Dad & Beth's in the evening, minus Dean and Wendy. Standard work day.
Friday - Dad had a 4 cubic metre skip (bin) delivered in the morning before I left for work. We had lunch at the Alliance and then in the evening I was designated driver for a trip to the Normanby Hotel. There were moments when I sensed it as a despairing place.
Saturday - I woke at 08:00 to help Dad load up the skip with leaves and branches, then I mowed the lawn. Two loads of washing, some City of Heroes and a nap plus more Enterprise filled in the rest of the day.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - More driving this morning.
PPS - But that's next week's post.

No comments: