Sunday 7 January 2007

The Sunday Mok - Running Man

Sunday - I arrived a full 20 minutes early for church, despite leaving 10 minutes later than usual. I had lunch at Dad & Beth's, then stayed to chat with Dad for a while. After the evening church service I went to Stu's for New Year's Eve where we played poker and missed the countdown.
Monday - Dad came by to clean out his room, setting aside five full rubbish bags of clothes for charity. I played City of Heroes and watched Pay It Forward, which I'd recorded from television ages ago and never got around to watching. I went jogging, which I'm starting to get back into now that I'm on holidays.
Tuesday - Miv, Anthony and I met to get fitted for suits for the wedding. Afterwards I went shopping and got new running shoes, a pedometer and Stargate SG-1 season 9 on DVD. I ran to karate in the evening to help break in my new shoes.
Wednesday - I watched 5.5 episodes of Heroes then went jogging after the morning rain stopped. Dad brought dinner over and stayed to watch a movie, for which Anthony insisted he use the Japanese audio with subtitles. I ordered a new LCD monitor from UMart.
Thursday - I watched the rest of the 11 Heroes episodes, then picked up my new monitor. I had to park a little way from the shop and it started raining on the way back. To make things worse, I took a wrong turn while running from the rain. I think I'll need a new graphics card to handle the higher resolution properly, but it can wait for a while.
Friday - I spent most of the day reading news and watching videos I'd flagged for later. I also tried to watch Saw 2, but the disc started skipping just past halfway, so I returned it to Quickflix. I only signed on to City of Heroes in the evening.
Saturday - In the morning I helped Dad move an old desk here with a hired ute. Then, because we still had time, we loaded the dead termite tree up and took it to the dump. In the afternoon and evening, I read news, played City of Heroes and tried to convince a salesperson that we didn't need a seven-stage water filter.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I'm missing Deb.
PPS - I'll try not to mention that again, to avoid sounding whiney.

No comments: