Sunday 14 January 2007

The Sunday Mok - Radiation poisoning

Sunday - I headed off to Beach Camp straight from church in the morning. I was the absolute oldest person there. We swam in the pool in the afternoon and walked to church in the evening.
Monday - I got sunburnt swimming at the local beach, but it wasn't too bad. We went shopping at Sunshine Plaza in the afternoon and I bought both fake travel guides Molvania and Phaic Tan. Only five people were interested in a beach walk in the evening.
Tuesday - We went bowling in the afternoon and to the local Cold Rock in the evening. Most of the day was just spent lazing around.
Wednesday - I woke up feeling a bit of a negative vibe from the camp in general. Not sure where it came from. I swam in the pool in the morning instead of the beach and took a long nap in the afternoon. In the evening we had a fire going, but by then it was already late. Only a few of us stayed to chat, and I went to bed just after midnight.
Thursday - I went back to the beach and had a swim because the sun came back out. In the evening we went to the movies and I saw The Pursuit of Happyness. Book signing in the evening was a relatively quick process.
Friday - The water at the beach was a bit warmer than previous days, and much calmer too. We chatted out past most of the little breakers. I drove home after lunch, then handled mail and watched a whole disc of Star Trek Enterprise season 2.
Saturday - I did some shopping in the morning for groceries and a new pillow. In the evening I went to Daniel and Lotte's engagement party. It was good to catch up with them and other people too. By the time I looked at a clock, it was about time to go home.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - The camp was pretty good overall.
PPS - It might have been a little short.

No comments: