Sunday 31 December 2006

The Sunday Mok - Thus spake the sheriff

Sunday - I had to sort out my Christmas schedule because I wasn't at all sure where I needed to be and when. I had a rehearsal in the morning for Christmas Day, then lunch and presents at Deb's place. After the evening service, we all went to McDonald's for supper because the Coffee Club had closed for Christmas.
Monday - After singing in the morning service, I had Christmas lunch at Dad & Beth's place with the whole step-family. We came home during afternoon nap time and returned for dinner. In the evening, Deb and I watched some more Stargate Atlantis episodes.
Tuesday - Deb and I had lunch with Mal, Linda, Dad and Beth to talk about wedding reception plans. I think it went rather well. After a quick dinner, we saw Happy Feet. Since we were early, we chatted at the nearby Cold Rock.
Wednesday - Atlantis season 2 got finished in the afternoon and returned via a nearby mailbox. I helped (watched) Deb make a lemon meringue cheesecake for the engagement party and we watched Disney's The Return of Jafar just for something to do.
Thursday - I went jogging in the morning, which I hadn't done in some time. I took Deb and Mia to Brookside to pick up some items for their Philippines trip, too. In the evening was our engagement party. It turned out rather small, but at a density that could just as easily be characterised as "intimate" and "friendly".
Friday - Since Deb is away, I spent most of the day reading news and watching recorded television. I also watched some of my Fullmetal Alchemist DVDs, where I had fallen quite behind. Deb called in the afternoon, missing me already, and I also tried to work out what I'd do for New Year's Eve.
Saturday - I woke early to drive to the airport and see Deb off. For the rest of the day, I did much as I had on Friday: reading news, watching recorded TV and DVDs and also playing City of Heroes. It's strange playing games on a monitor (my old CRT) that occasionally doesn't display red.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - "Thus spake the sheriff" is an accidental mis-reading of part of the Christmas carol "While Shepherds Watched".
PPS - I caused some significant laughter at rehearsal that way.

No comments: