Tuesday 3 July 2007

Why chocolate is better than cigarettes

Ten reasons why chocolate is better than cigarettes:
1. You can eat chocolate at your desk.
2. Nobody ever died from just being near someone eating chocolate.
3. It's cheaper.
4. You can cook with it.
5. You can share it with your 4-year-old and not go to jail for it.
6. You don't need to borrow anything to get started.
7. The residue on your fingers and teeth is edible.
8. You'll never burn down your house by falling asleep with chocolate.
9. It doesn't give you cancer.
10. Your breath smells the same afterwards, if not better.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Anyone care to offer ten reasons cigarettes are better than chocolate?
PPS - I can't think of one, but I'm not a smoker.

4 comments:

Pstonie said...

As an appetite suppressor, cigarettes would be a less fattening choice for someone watching their weight.

That being said, I doubt anyone is going to mistake cigarettes for a good habit. It's bad for you, that's sort of the point.

John said...

Yeah, I've heard cancer makes you lose weight too.

Is it the nicotine in cigarettes or something else that suppresses appetite? If it's nicotine, then the patches or gum would work for appetite suppression too, without the smoke effects. Unfortunately, it would probably get you addicted to patches or gum.

Pstonie said...

I'm not sure what causes it, and Wikipedia doesn't want to tell me, but I've heard it many times. I used to smoke regularly and didn't really notice any difference.

I'm not saying it's a good idea for weight loss, just mentioned it since chocolate does the opposite. The best way to lose weight is to stop eating, after all.

John said...

I've heard the appetite suppressant thing too, like the Simpsons reference to Troy McClure's self-help video "Smoke Yourself Thin!".

I agree that the most effective weight loss technique is healthy diet and exercise.