Tuesday 24 July 2007

New phone as a paperweight

So my shiny new phone isn't in service just yet. The cutover was meant to be almost right away, but something appears to have gone wrong, so for now I'm stuck with my trusty old Nokia 3310. The SIM card is locked to it, too, so I can't even just use the new handset on my old plan or automatically copy my old contacts.

The weirdest part was when I called the (offshore) 3 Mobile support line. The heavily accented call centre operator told me that I couldn't inquire about the phone just yet because it takes two working days to show up in their system. So Wednesday morning would be the time that I can *actually* inquire about the phone I bought on Saturday, assuming that the service still hasn't kicked in.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I know I could get Optus to unlock my old SIM card.
PPS - Seems a bit anti-customer to lock it in the first place.

No comments: