Sunday 15 July 2007

The Sunday Mok - It's all about Harry

Sunday - The sermon in the morning church service was delivered by a passionate overseas missionary. I want a faith like that. Deb and I did some grocery shopping, then drove out to make an appearance at my Aunt's birthday party. After that, we drove to Mia's Chrysalis closing service. After that came the evening church service and supper at the Coffee Club.
Monday - I spent my work day on our new Knowledge Workbench program and the performance appraisal database. Dad gave me a cordless drill as a birthday present on day early. Deb and I watched three Star Trek: The Next Generation before bed.
Tuesday - My birthday. Deb gave me my presents before cooking pancakes for breakfast. Work was plain. Dad took Deb, Anthony and me to dinner at the local Thai restaurant which was nice. Before bed, Deb and I watched more Star Trek then read from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
Wednesday - In the evening we had the first of our new bible study meetings. Mostly we chatted and looked over some possible study materials. We dropped in to Mia's place to pick up some of Deb's skin care stuff, then read some more Harry Potter before bed.
Thursday - I spent the last of my working week documenting databases. It had not been done before and will take some time. I went to karate in the evening because I had skipped Tuesday and my evening was free. Sam and Mia came over for dinner, then we all watched one sub-par episode of The Awful Truth. Deb and I read more Harry Potter before bed.
Friday - I slept in and ate breakfast at work, where I spent the day on documentation. I went for a 20 minute run after work, then had dinner. At youth group in the evening, we played Wii games together, mostly Mario Strikers Charged Football. More Harry Potter before bed.
Saturday - Deb and I saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix with Murrae, Tracey and Mia, then met Bridgit and Erin for ice cream. We started reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban before bed.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Yes, that does seem like a lot of Harry Potter input this week.
PPS - But at least I'm catching up with the rest of the world now.

4 comments:

Erin Marie said...

I forgot that you have been living under a rock and haven't been a part of Harry Potter history until now.

Hope you're enjoying it.

John said...

I am enjoying it, though as I mentioned last night, the character of Dolores Umbridge really annoyed me.

Anonymous said...

If you though Dolores annoyed you in the movie, wait until you meet her in the book!

John said...

Ugh. And it'll take longer too.

My main gripe with the character, to make it plain, is that she believes in Right and Wrong, and also believes she is doing Right, but just isn't. She's one of those people who has her own reasoning and her own logical world-view built up and won't question her assumptions. You can't argue with a person like that.