Sunday 1 April 2007

The Sunday Mok - Uncle Mokalus

Sunday - After the morning church service, Deb and I put the first coat of paint on the master bedroom here. It took a while because we had to resort to brushes instead of a roller for three walls. I set up the computer for the evening service, then Deb did the actual clicking around. Supper at the Coffee Club afterwards.
Monday - It felt like a quiet week at work, even though I always had things to do. For bible study in the evening, it was just Deb, me and John who led us. We went ahead with it anyway.
Tuesday - Deb came to watch the karate class in the evening, where we started at the top level kata and worked down, mostly for my benefit. When we start at the bottom and work up, we never get the whole way to my level. We watched a couple of episodes of Hellsing, which is a bit odd.
Wednesday - I made a couple of optimisations to programs at work, and both felt good. I picked up Deb's freshly-minted wedding ring, too. After dinner we watched Super Troopers with Sam and Mia. I laughed.
Thursday - Family dinner was suspended for the evening because my step-sister went in for an induced labour. She had a baby boy, so now I'm a step-uncle. I haven't seen him yet. Deb and I watched more Hellsing after dinner.
Friday - For youth group in the evening, we five leaders and the one attending youth painted mini golf props for the upcoming church fair. Since there wasn't much actual painting to do, we talked about movies, games and books for the rest of the evening.
Saturday - I went for a jog in the morning; apparently it was my first in some time. Deb and I painted more of the master bedroom in the morning, then went to see Glenys and Gary's new rented place and catch up with the gang. Just when dinner started, we left to meet Erin, Michelle and Bridgit at the Normanby Hotel. I thought there were going to be more people there.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I may get to see my step-nephew this week.
PPS - I hope so.

2 comments:

Erin Marie said...

What does "I thought there were going to be more people there" mean?

John said...

I tend to imagine parties and gatherings with either twice the number of people that show up or half the eventual head count. This was one of the over-estimation times. Usually I have no real idea who the extra people will be - just a vague notion that many faceless yet familiar people will be there.