Thursday 26 April 2007

Software review: Launchy

I love Launchy. It's a keyword program launcher that I heard about on productivity site Lifehacker and it's sped up my computing in a few instances. Now I can load up my note-taking program with a few keystrokes rather than reaching for the mouse. I had to set it up to search my desktop shortcuts, but that was well worth it. I appreciate the ability to select my remote desktop connection shortcuts from the keyboard.

The one downside is that I'm more aware of which programs can't be easily driven by keyboard, since my mouse hand goes to my mouse less often. A program like Launchy makes it clear just how far Windows has moved us towards a mouse-driven world.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Launchy is free and pretty slick.
PPS - It's made it to my standard toolkit.

No comments: