Monday 2 April 2007

Shambletown

Yesterday was the second annual Brisbane Zombie Walk, and my first ever. I was dubbed "cubicle zombie" by my fellow faux-undead, and it took us a good hour to wander across town from the Roma Street Parklands to the City Botanic Gardens. Once through the gardens, we sort of dispersed in confusion, but it seemed like everyone was getting tired by then. It was nice of the police to help us out - they blocked off streets as we shuffled past, moaning wordlessly or calling out for brains.

We startled a few shopkeepers, but the folks at Tiffany's were unshakeable. They must be specially trained.

Stand-out costumes were the zombie Wiggles, and many others had gone to a lot of effort. In all, a lot of fun, but if I go again, I'll probably spend a little less time in character and a little more time meeting people.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Lots of funny looks once I left the horde to go home.
PPS - Many thanks to Deb for doing my make-up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is the photo of yourself in costume, wanna see what you would look like as a Zombie

John said...

The tragedy of the day was that my camera battery died soon after we left Roma Street Parklands, so I only have a few photos. I'll put them all up on my Picasa Web Albums account soon.

In the meantime, I can be seen from behind in the photo I did post - bottom right in front (that's his front) of the green guy with the orange shirt. That grey arm reaching up is mine.