Sunday 21 August 2005

The Sunday Mok - It's more like "blissfully unconcerned"

Last Sunday was fairly typical - two church services and a lazy afternoon. I had some readings to do for Disciple and I got through five of the six of them.
I spent Monday at work trying to work out some algorithms for a database trick called "nested sets" that works particularly well for hierarchical data. It would greatly speed up some operations for MCDB.
Tuesday was when I started discussing the MCDB code with Jeff, the original author. At karate at night, for the first time in a long time, I didn't have fun. I think it's because there's mounting pressure to be ready for my black belt. I don't train for belts, and I never have, so I really don't like that.
Wednesday was People's Day and I went to the Ekka with Deb after a birthday lunch for Kirsty at Sizzler. I went on the Zipper ride for the first time ever, which is something I've wanted to do for years.
On Thursday I got a couple of feature requests for A+, my staff appraisals database software, so I spent most of the day working them in and making sure everything looked right. Had a Korean dinner at Deb's, complete with cultural commentary from Linda.
Friday I had to do some bughunting in A+ and we had a farewell lunch for Peter who is leaving for greener pastures. Youth group in the evening was a gender-segregated affair. The boys played dodgeball and Halo or watched football while the girls did their own thing over in the old hall.
I spent Saturday morning sleeping in after a late Friday night, then played City of Heroes until lunch. After that, I went to Deb's and watched Without a Paddle, then went out to see Kung Fu Hustle. I enjoyed both movies.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I've got some kind of tension in my right shoulder.
PPS - I think it will go away after the LAN party is done, next Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who's deb?