Tuesday 9 August 2005

I want that truck

Since Tuesday is cheap movies day, now is an opportune time to post a review of Land of the Dead. I thought I'd have a problem with thinking zombies. Zombies sitting down to tea and discussing politics is one of the last things I want to see on screen unless, perhaps, they're just saying "brains". These ones are, thankfully, not quite as smart as that. They're still grunting, still shambling (relatively) aimlessly, and still having trouble with anticipating consequences. They're, well, zombies.

The upper-class citizens of Fiddler's Green live in luxury, deliberately unaware of and detached from the day-to-day struggles of the poorer people outside. The zombies start to march on the city and detachment is no longer possible. The high shots of streets overrun with zombies are sticking with me. There are explosions and gore, if you're into that, but there's plenty besides to keep the story rolling. Thoroughly recommended.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Try to guess the character names of the main zombie players before the credits.
PPS - I only got the really easy one.

No comments: