Sunday 23 January 2005

The Sunday Mok - The Joel Fan Club

Last Sunday was hot, humid, and generally unpleasant. I spent the afternoon asleep on a mattress on a concrete floor downstairs, which was the coolest I could get. I was still sweating. I sang in the evening church service and was extremely under-confident about it.
On Monday on the bus ride home, I bumped into Katrina, a friend from primary school who had just started a job nearby. That was quite bizarre. I guess I'll be seeing her regularly now.
On Tuesday I started a new habit of renting a cheap DVD from the video shop across the road from the office. I started with Kill Bill Volume 2, which I liked a bit better than the first volume, not because it was better, but because the first one was worse.
On Wednesday I briefly entertained the idea of opening a CafePress shop, basically for my own private use. In the end, I decided not to bother. I played City of Heroes as my Controller character and almost completed a mission solo, then died.
Thursday I attempted the same City of Heroes mission as my Controller with some help from a Scrapper who dropped out before the end of the mission and left me for dead. I'm sure he didn't mean to. I also finished reading The Eye in the Pyramid, the first book of the Illuminatus! trilogy. It's a bit mentally taxing sometimes, and yet it seems to demand a creative response from me, so usually I end up completely exhausted after reading some of this.
I spent Friday at work redesigning part of the system that handles our approvals process. It didn't feel like much progress after I tried it once and changed all my code around, only to discover a better way moments later. I also went to dinner at Roman Gardens, an Italian restaurant at Corinda with Miv, Julia, Lydia, Adam, Rory, Colleen, Julie, Steve and Bronwyn, who were seated around the table in that order. I just like showing off my memory sometimes. I really enjoyed the food.
Yesterday, Saturday, I waited in line for about five hours to try out for Big Brother. That was the most entertaining part. Shout goes out to the "Joel Fan Club": Emily and Dustin. Get some sleep, Emily - you'll need it. And good luck with the band. I also saw "How To Make a Monster", which is an exhibit at the Queensland Museum all about animatronics, which was very cool.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Dad destroyed the light fitting in my room while trying to fix it.
PPS - At least he didn't electrocute himself, though. That's always a plus.

1 comment:

John said...

Just to prove I wasn't making it up:

Hero of the day was the ambulance "water-boy", Joel Davis, who kept the crowd cool as they chanted his name.Copied from The Sunday Mail.

Mokalus of Borg