Sunday 11 July 2004

The Sunday Mok, Late Edition

Hehe, uh, yeah. Forgot to do this on time, but it's still here:

The Sunday Mok

I got only a few hours sleep on Saturday, and still somehow managed to get through the day. I expected to have trouble staying awake, especially during the sermon at church in the morning. Played more KOTOR in the afternoon, and got more into it still. After supper at the evening service, it seems everyone had gone home early, so I had to walk back home.
Monday, just by chance, I heard about the wrongful Big Brother eviction at lunchtime, got some details on the web, and saw the re-entry that night. I resolved again to try to get into the next Big Brother house.
Tuesday there was more KOTOR on the cards, and I got stuck at the rancor in the sewers. I felt a bit of acid reflux all day, which should have stopped me having lunch, at least. It didn't. I don't want such a big gut, even if it's not grossly prominent.
On Wednesday the head of our corporate IT team, Dean, arrived in Brisbane for some reason or other. I was never quite sure what it was all about, though I assume internal politics had something to do with it. We've started having to defend our budget to the board of directors, since our schedule keeps on slipping. Got an invite to Kym's birthday bash, and my Rookie CD arrived. I was definitely looking forward to seeing Kym more than anyone else who might show up to my own birthday on Saturday.
Thursday I felt very near the end of my work on the project, which would be a huge relief to everyone. I also spent some time tweaking our test harness for usability. It still needs work. I looked for a CSS way of doing rounded border corners in web pages and learned that it's a CSS3 feature - CSS3 is still a working draft and not yet implemented by anyone.
Friday night there was no youth group, so I took the chance to check out Jake 2.0 on TV and play (guess) more KOTOR. Had pizza for lunch and forgot to ask for no anchovies because I had trouble pronouncing the Italian name of the pizza. I also found the Mozilla-specific CSS extension that allows rounded borders.
Saturday I took some friends out to see Spiderman 2 - my shout. In the morning I had my hair cut by Renee at the local barber shop. I went to school with her, though she doesn't remember me. She's cute & petit; I've always liked that. At the movie I was so glad to be around Kym that I followed her like a puppy or something. It was weird to see, especially when it seemed like I had no control over my own behaviour. She had to leave before dinner, which we ate at a place called Noodle Obsessions. Quite good Chinese food, especially the Mongolian beef.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I'll try to remember to do this on time in future.
PPS - I've just got to make it part of my regular routine.

No comments: