Wednesday 21 July 2004

Someone let a snake out in the grain

Perhaps an award for "Least observant music fan" - I honestly didn't realise that the Black Eyed Peas' song "Let's Get It Started" was just the clean radio edit of "Let's Get Retarded". In my defence, I hadn't heard them both - that would have really been bad. I'd heard the Started version and had heard my friends mention how awful Retarded was, but just didn't make the connection until Channel Ten started using Retarded over their promos for The OC.

As for the title of this post, I usually prefer to leave these references half-said. This one is a misquoted song lyric.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - You could call me a prude or whatever, but I prefer the clean edit.
PPS - Maybe I'm just biased towards the one I heard first.

No comments: