Thursday 24 December 2009

Robot drivers and road rage

I'll be taking a break over Christmas, but I do plan to have posts scheduled in advance, just to keep things rolling.

What happens while we are making the change to robot drivers and one of them accidentally cuts off a human driver (or when a human driver thinks this has happened, which is all it will take)? To whom does he direct his road rage? The passenger/owner, of course. No hothead is going to get into an argument with the robot driver. It'll be:

"Hey, buddy! What the hell do you think you're doing, cutting me off like that?"
"I didn't do it, that was the car."
"I don't care, you can't go cutting people off like that."
"I told you, I didn't do that. The car did."
"That's it. Get out here and get your face kicked in, idiot!"
Hooray for robot drivers!

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Or perhaps the robot driver frees the passenger to be at 100% rage all the time.
PPS - Though that would be a little weird.

2 comments:

Erin Marie said...

Christmas = Road Rage

Expect to see many a twitter or status update from me about how much I hate people who don't know how to drive over the next couple of weeks.

John said...

As long as you don't do it while driving, and don't get into any fights, that should be okay.