Wednesday 2 December 2009

Harry Potter movies vs Twilight

The last two Harry Potter films are going to be fighting an uphill battle, what with the rest of the tweeny-bopper world moving on to be Twi-hards. We've had two Twilight movies now, surrounding The Half-Blood Prince like some horrible sandwich. Couple that lessening familiarity with the unmistakably dark tone of the last book and the ever-increasing ages of the lead actors and it's not going to be too easy to get kids excited about it.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I say "the last two films" because I heard that's what's being done.
PPS - Plans may have changed since then.

3 comments:

Erin Marie said...

Kids? It's the adults I know that get excited about Harry Potter, and most of them are a bit equivocal about Twighlight. I think the Harry Potter franchise is safe.

I'm certainly not rushing out to watch New Moon. Think I'll just wait for the DVD.

John said...

Fair enough, I guess, since The Philosopher's Stone was first published 12 years ago. Even if you were only 10 at the time, you'd be 22 now.

Erin Marie said...

Wow. I feel old.