Tuesday 29 December 2009

House sustainability statements

I saw an ad from the train saying that if you're selling your home, then a "Sustainability Statement" will be required from the 1st of June next year. I might have the date wrong, but that's not my focus here. On the example "checklist" on the ad, the last two items were "Access" and "Safety", which are clearly not sustainability concerns. I can understand that someone might have wanted to include those items for house sales, and that it would be easier to put them on one new form rather than two, but if that's the reason, the name of the form should be changed, at least to "Safety and Sustainability". If you were looking for information on general site safety, would you look for the sustainability report? I wouldn't.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - But a sustainability statement sounds better.
PPS - So I suspect it's more of a PR move to retain that title.

No comments: