Friday 25 December 2009

Friday Zombie Blogging - Zombieland

Though it feels a little funny to be posting something like this on Christmas day, why should I break with tradition now?

I saw Zombieland with Miv on Tuesday, and I have to say I was impressed. Though there was a little gore (every zombie seemed to have a mouth full of blood ready to ooze on command), it was far less gory than some other movies I have subjected myself to. Along with the writing and directing, that made for a highly-enjoyable movie. Perhaps it was easy to relate to: the narrator and main character is a social recluse and World of Warcraft player. He ends up a lonely survivor making his way across the country when he runs into Woody Harrelson as an experienced zombie killer and a couple of scheming girls. And somehow, together, they all make it through, which is unusual in this subgenre.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I laughed and I reacted with shock at some of Woody's zombie kills.
PPS - There was definitely more laughter than shock.

No comments: