Tuesday 25 September 2007

Offshore outsourcing is from the Dark Side

There are undeniable short term benefits (lower wages to pay) for outsourcing certain company operations to, say, foreign call centres. However, in the long term, it hurts the company by eroding their reputation. A company that cares about their English speaking customers hires native English speakers just as a company that cares about their Chinese speaking customers would hire native Chinese speakers. Short term gains at the expense of the long-term is just the kind of thinking I associate with The Dark Side.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - That doesn't mean I'm right, though.
PPS - But I like to think I am.

2 comments:

Erin Marie said...

You're a nerd.

Or am I stating the obvious?

John said...

It is always appropriate to call me a nerd, even though it is obvious.