Thursday 27 September 2007

Mousing goofy to improve brain power

I read an article summary yesterday that said using your computer mouse with your "off" hand improves neural pathways between your brain hemispheres. So I started trying it. I was still frequently reaching for the mouse with my right hand, sometimes even when it was held in my left. I also have a tendency to turn it side-on so I can still left-click with my index finger, which leaves me right-clicking with my thumb. At the very least I hope to gain a little more practice with my south paw.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I'm going to keep it up at least for today.
PPS - I might be a bit too frustrated to continue beyond that.

2 comments:

Erin Marie said...

My friend and I used to write each other letters using our left hand ... this was in first and second year uni, mind you. It was horrifyingly slow and annoying, but the improvement happened rapidly.

Don't know if it helped with my neural pathways though.

I can only imagine what it's like to use the mouse left handed. I get annoyed when I have to work on computers that belong to lefties at work.

John said...

I wrote my journal left handed for a week once. I got better, but not much so.

Lefties sometimes switch the mouse buttons, don't they? I haven't gone that far yet.