Tuesday 28 November 2006

Midvale School for the Gifted

I've noticed that the glass doors on the front of this new office building are a trap for young players. They are clearly and helpfully labeled "PUSH" on the outside, which is good, but the word is visible from the inside too. It says "HSUP", but somehow that goes unnoticed until you push on each door once. Then you re-evaluate your position and realise you've been reading backwards. I did this earlier, then I saw another of the building's tenants do the same. Thus I conclude it's not just me.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I wonder how it is that we don't notice the backwards writing.
PPS - Could make an interesting psychology study.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thnik it has smoetihng to do wtih the aibilty for the hamun eye to raed wrods whituot atclualy sepllnig the wrod out in our haeds. smoetihng to do wtih the frist and lsat lteter of the wrod.

Erin Marie said...

It's scary how easily I read that.

Anonymous said...

thats excalty my point :) i think i may have stuffed it up tho, something is telling me that its the first two letters that need to be the same and the last letter too. all the rest can be mixed up, i dunno, guess it just depends on what the word is :)