Thursday 30 March 2006

Programmer vs Technology

For a few weeks now, I've been treated to an almost daily spiel from Brad that I've entitled "Go Ruby, Go". Ruby, for the uninitiated, is the programming language at the heart of the significantly productive Ruby on Rails web programming framework. The speeches have made me slightly more disgruntled with Microsoft's .NET every day, and it's also made me realise why I sometimes get frustrated and bored with programming: it's when I'm solving technology problems that are getting in the way of the rest of the solution. I don't want to be figuring out how to get some program state logging working right when I really just want to get some online forms submitting.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Unfortunately, for now, I'm kind of stuck with .NET.
PPS - And solving some technology problems.

No comments: