Sunday 31 July 2005

The Sunday Mok - If it wasn't me, I'd be sick

Last Sunday afternoon I had coffee (well, I had hot chocolate) with Debbie who, because she'd been asleep, showed up about forty minutes late. I sang in the evening church service, then we went bowling where I had one shocking game and one that was just below-average. I blame the ill-fitting shoes.
Monday at work was all bug-hunting and documentation. Looking back over the work I've done in the past couple of years, I definitely see an upward trend in quality, which makes me happy.
On Tuesday at work, I fixed more bugs in our performance appraisal database software. That one's a bit tricky at times. Karate in the evening was okay rather than great.
On Wednesday night at FISH Michelle asked me to describe job satisfaction in programming. The way it sounded coming out of my mouth was as if I was describing art. It sounded strange, even to me.
On Thursday, the HR department discovered another bug in the performance appraisals database. Unfortunately, even after I fixed it, it means they have to check all four hundred records to make sure they're correct. I hate when stuff like that happens. I watched The Life Aquatic and Garden State with Debbie.
Friday our OHS manager took a look at the user guide for Homer, the safety management software I wrote for him. He quickly recommended some changes that kept me busy until the afternoon. In the evening, we had just seven kids at youth group.
Saturday I had a rehearsal in the morning, prayer meeting at noon, a not-very-exciting shopping trip, then a late lunch followed by television in the evening. As soon as I got sick of TV and tired enough to sleep, I went to bed.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I've just seen on the Video Ezy website that Firefly has doubled in price since I ordered it.
PPS - I wonder if they'll charge me the price when I ordered or when it arrives in stock.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is debbie?

John said...

Get this: Mokalus the Perennially Single got himself a girl about a week and a half ago. I didn't make a big deal of it, because I don't like to brag.

Erin Marie said...

Got himself a girl?

Because, of course, she didn't have any choice in the matter, right?

Boys, you're all the same.

*grin*
(Yes, I was being sarcastic. You know that I'm happy for you.)

John said...

It's easier to say that way. Of course I expect she describes it in terms of getting herself a boy.

Erin Marie said...

Well you'd hope so.

I just have this image of you, caveman style (loincloth and all), hitting Deb over the head with your mighty club and dragging her back to your den.

Though I do suspect you weren't the one doing the clubbing...