Sunday 10 July 2005

The Sunday Mok - Build-up to a Birthday

Last Sunday was standard as Sundays go: two church services plus City of Heroes. I realised I had one week to pull together any kind of birthday celebration and wondered what to do. That's actually about as far as I got.
Monday at work was all documentation, which went really slowly and did not interest me enough. Conversation with Jessica on the bus in the morning and afternoon has dried up, simply because there's not much more small talk to dwell on.
On Tuesday I was basically convinced that I'd finished with documenting Homer, the safety management application. I did some coding for a while to keep my interest up, too.
By Wednesday I was finished with my little side-project and started on a timeline visualiser for Homer that makes the current state and past events much clearer to users. It won't make it into the first release, though. I watched the disappointing State of Origin decider at Erin's, punctuated by bits of Coyote Ugly.
Thursday was a bit different at work, so I had fun. I was running tests on Homer in the morning, then bug-hunting in the afternoon, based on what I found out in the tests. I think it felt good mostly because I had something definite to do.
Friday I finished off the small bugs in Homer and started on the new features. In the evening, we took the youth group kids to play beach volleyball, and I was pleased to see that Debbie had arrived back from the US unexpectedly.
I spent Saturday morning watching The Simpsons, then played City of Heroes for a while. Dad and I went to look for a bookshelf for me, and found nothing suitable, then I went to see Bewitched with the gang. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, just because Nicole Kidman's character was so naively cute.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I want to find someone that cute.
PPS - Today I turn 26 years old.

No comments: