Sunday 15 May 2005

The Sunday Mok - An Unhealthy Obsession

Big Brother is already taking over my life. This is not so good.
Last Sunday I had a busy day - two church services, lunch with friends, bowling and the BB launch. I didn't watch all of the launch, because of the video/audio sync problems I was having. I was up until 00:30, though...
...so on Monday I was tired. I made a release of A+ for HR and had to mess around with the database connection a bit, and watched BB at night. To keep things simple, just assume that I'm watching BB every night.
On Tuesday I was back to working on Venture. I should really put up a screenshot or something so everyone knows more what I'm talking about. We sparred again at karate, and I felt like I got back into the groove of it - a proper guard and relaxed, waiting to move faster than my opponent.
Though I spent Wednesday bug-hunting in the Venture code, I felt it was a bit pointless, since we're working on a new interface that will probably make lots of the previous work obsolete.
On Thursday I was still sore from the workout at karate on Tuesday, which is something that doesn't happen often there. I played my first City of Heroes PvP Arena match, and got thoroughly whooped, since I was a level 14 character fighting against a level 25. Besides practice, there seems to be little incentive to do that again.
On Friday, after installing some (apparently) dodgy TV software, I had to use Windows System Restore to get my sound working again, just in time to record BB for the night. At youth group, we played dodgeball (among other things) but had only deflated basketballs to use.
Saturday I went and bought four "practice volleyballs" that are so soft you'd have trouble breaking eggs with them. These will be used instead of basketballs for dodgeball matches in future. I also went out with Miv, Julia, Kym, Lydia, Rich and Adam and met Tania and Tara. Just missing the last bus home meant approximately 45 minutes in a taxi queue. I hardly noticed.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - That bus was at 00:20.
PPS - We need more, especially on Fridays and Saturdays.

No comments: