Sunday 8 May 2005

The Sunday Mok - A funny mood

Last Sunday I went to the Uniting church for both services, because of the skit I mentioned last week. I spent the afternoon playing City of Heroes. At bowling after the evening service, we had twenty people, so we took up four lanes - our biggest group yet.
I spent most of the Monday holiday sleeping, trying to catch up on what I must have missed somewhere. I think I need some proper time off work. Bible study and more City of Heroes in the evening.
Tuesday at karate, we sparred for the first time in months, and I'd gotten decidedly rusty. Sensei Mark asked me to give blue-belted Alex a workout and I just wasn't up to it. He competes in tournaments, though, so I already know he's good.
On Wednesday I was hunting bugs in Venture, our project management website. We've just installed a proper bug-tracking program, which works well. Played CoH for a while and also watched some stand-up comedy videos on ComedyCentral.com.
Thursday was more Venture bug-hunting, interrupted by various PC issues at work. City of Heroes Feature Update 4 went live, too. I have yet to try any player-vs-player battles.
Friday I showed our HR head the staff appraisals database I'd been working on. She liked most of it, but the reports needed lots of work, so I came away with a TODO list of about twelve items. I got eleven and a half done before I left for the day. I also saw HHG2G again.
For most of Saturday I was in an odd mood, like I was tired but didn't want to go to sleep. I went to a barbeque lunch, and I wanted to hang around and sleep afterwards. I don't know how best to explain it. The closest I'm able to get is that I wanted to go to sleep in company.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I'm still sleepy now.
PPS - I'll probably take next week off work.

No comments: