Thursday 26 May 2005

Happy (Belated) Towel Day!

I missed Towel Day again - the memorial day for Douglas Adams, celebrated by fans who carry their towels around all day in memory of our favourite author. I've missed every one since 2001 when Mr Adams died, and not on purpose - that would just be mean, and I am rarely (deliberately) mean. This year I even set a reminder on my phone so I couldn't possibly forget. Every now and then something that can't possibly go wrong does go wrong. The reminder slipped and I trotted off to work as if yesterday was a day just like any other.

Then again, anyone who's seen it will know that I have a towel that I carry in my work bag every single day, inspired by the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, so in a way, I didn't miss Towel Day at all. I'd just rather have remembered properly.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - On an unrelated note, it's a good day to be a Queenslander.
PPS - I also forgot to wear my maroon shirt yesterday.

No comments: