Thursday 28 October 2004

MAXCube

I've occasionally considered building a new PC into a used Pepsi Max 24-can box. The pros and cons, as they run through my head, tend to be as follows:
Pro: It would be easy to carry, because it comes with a handle.
Con: I rarely have to carry a PC anywhere.
Pro: It embodies caffeine, the lifeblood of programmers like me.
Con: It's cardboard, providing very little structural integrity. Also the internal mounting for anything not directly on the floor of the box would be tricky.
Pro: It would be a fun project and give me an excuse to work with a Mini-ITX motherboard.
Con: I don't actually need a new PC.
Pro: Plenty of space inside the box.
Con: Probably too much space. I could get two optical drives and four hard disks in there with no worries.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - If anyone asks me to build a system for them, I might give it a go.
PPS - Nobody has ever asked me to build a system for them.

No comments: