Friday 1 October 2004

AvP: Action vs Plot

I caught Alien vs Predator last night when I usually would have been busy. As a movie with a plot, AvP is pretty bad. As pure action, it's pretty good. Go expecting action and you should be satisfied.

I thought, however, that this movie could have redefined action sci-fi if only the high production values had been maintained throughout. That is, the CGI alien shots were top-notch, in my opinion, but the fights were perhaps poorly choreographed, so the editors and director had to get in close and make the scenes overly dark. Alien vs Predator had enormous potential and has turned out to be "merely" a good action flick.

4/5 - One point off for unfulfilled potential.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I did like it.
PPS - I just won't be buying the DVD.

No comments: