Tuesday 9 July 2013

P!nk's cancelled concert message

Halfway through reading this message from P!nk about why she had to cancel a concert in Birmingham, I wanted to give her a big hug and tell her everything is going to be okay, don't listen to those people, you work hard and you deserve to be treated better than that. She got sick. Humans do that and, unfortunately, sometimes that messes with the plans they make. Also, we fans are needy, fickle, inconsiderate, entitled things most of the time, and it's not good for your sanity to plunge into their madness, but these days you can't really avoid it. You're at their fingertips, in their pockets, 24/7.

By the time I got to the end of the message, I thought, okay, tone it down a bit there. Maybe take off the cranky pants and go have a lie down, and let one of your PR people edit your missives when you're sick and in a bad mood in the future. It's okay to have a bad day, just try not to put your bad day online in permanent ink.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I know I'd be upset if I'd bought tickets to a concert that had to be cancelled.
PPS - It's easier for me to be rational and forgiving about this one, because I wasn't going.

No comments: