Friday 19 July 2013

Friday writing update - PodCastle stories coming together

This week, I put together one and a half stories as potential entries for the PodCastle flash fiction contest. I'm really happy with the first one, and the second one is coming together nicely, but it's not done yet. That one might be the easiest to finish within the word count, but I think the first is the stronger story. That one, however, is over 800 words already, and I need to cut it right down to 500 words, which is tough. My concern is that the word reduction is what hurt my entry in the other competitions. I have a section in the middle that I can cut down quite a lot, so maybe it will be okay. Otherwise, you'll see the 800-word version here some time.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Or I'll send it through the Critters workshop and try to get it published somewhere.
PPS - We'll see.

No comments: