Thursday 12 August 2010

Sophistication and efficiency

Sophistication is inefficient. To settle the bill at a restaurant, if it's a classy place, I ask for the bill, the waiter brings it, I look it over and give them my credit card, they take it away and swipe it, then they come back with the receipt that I must sign, then they take it away again and we're done. All this for the privilege of not walking a few metres from the table. Doesn't seem like the best way to do things.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Unless your definition of "best" is "never mention money".
PPS - Or "never walk to complete a transaction".

2 comments:

Charles said...

lol. I am a lazy ass, so I like the part where they do the walking for me.

http://arealgoodblog.blogspot.com

John said...

I get that it must appeal to quite a lot of people, or else the practice wouldn't continue. Still, it seems like we're pretending the transaction is a favour and a handshake rather than money for a meal.