Tuesday 23 June 2009

Redundant

Yesterday I was made redundant at work, which is like getting fired but more friendly. The large payout and the fact that I haven't had a lot to do for a few months gave me mixed feelings about the whole process. If I find a job quickly enough, I'll even come out ahead. My favourite part of the exit interview was when they asked me "Please don't hack our servers on your way out." Well, okay, since you asked nicely.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Today I'm packing up my stuff and heading home.
PPS - I'll also be wiping this hard drive clean out of basic paranoia.

4 comments:

Erin Marie said...

Did they actually say it like that 'Please don't hack our servers on your way out?' 'Cause that's kind of wimpy.

John said...

That is just about word for word, but it loses some of the tone in translation to print. Our HR manager is a jovial kind of guy with whom I have some level of acquaintance. He was joking because he didn't think I would do anything of the sort.

Miv said...

Mate, I'm sorry to hear about your job.

I hope you're able to get something rolling quickly like you said and come out in front.

Hopefully this may just be the impetus to get you moving into something even better.

All the best.

John said...

Thanks, Miv. I think we'll get by and, as you said, I may end up in something even better.