Monday 16 June 2008

Finishing school

After seeing just the season finale of "Ladette to Lady", I was intrigued. They took a bunch of loutish, drunken English girls, re-opened an old-fashioned finishing school and trained them in horse riding, cake making and various other skills. I wondered whether there was a masculine equivalent. Keep in mind that I'm not talking about teaching boys proper diction and what forks to use. I'm talking about teaching them to clean and gut a fish, fix a car and build a bookshelf. Things men should know. There are also some things men should know for the sake of women, like how to dance a waltz and proper grooming, and they should be taught there too.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - The only thing I found via Google was a book.
PPS - And Amazon is a bit light on details for it.

No comments: