Sunday 12 June 2005

The Sunday Mok - The preacher said "zombie"

Seriously, last Sunday, zombies were a brief topic of discussion in the sermon in the morning church service. It just about made my day. I went to an extra karate class in the afternoon to polish up my kata.
On Monday I had more work to do on a timesheet transfer procedure for one of our clients. I thought I'd finished it on Friday. Bible study in the evening mostly discussed the books of Esther and Jonah. I think the end of Jonah could work well on stage.
There was still more timesheet work to do on Tuesday, or so we thought, but it turned out that the problem was after our part, so then all I had to do was round the corners off and schedule the task automatically.
Wednesday I finally had time to get back to the hazard management and reporting database - "Homer". I put pie and bar charts on the reports because it made it easier to visualise the information. I played City of Heroes for a bit and felt really rotten after dinner.
On Thursday, more work on Homer: sending email notifications. I also applied for a week off work, for the sake of my sanity. I did the grocery shopping and watched television I'd recorded.
By Friday I was really looking forward to the week off. I worked a couple of features into Homer, then spent most of my time trying to copy a current staff database for general use. Since it's coming out of Lotus Notes, that's not as easy as it sounds.
I had a lazy Saturday, sleeping in, playing games, watching just a little TV, then to Bridgit's for a Star Wars "marathon" that ended after Attack of the Clones, so it was more of a sprint.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Today I wore my Zombie Peanut Butter shirt to church.
PPS - And it raised a few comments.

No comments: