Tuesday 14 June 2005

Messing with the routine

That's just the way, isn't it? Sleep in, feed the cat, have breakfast and a shower, check email and web comics, start playing City of Heroes, completely forget to blog. See, I've made it part of my workday routine - arrive at the office, blog, then clock on. Since I'm a routine-oriented person, my memory gets jolted out of position when the routine changes.

Maybe that's why my memory seems to be so good: I don't have to constantly remember those little bits and pieces like whether I've got to go shopping today or whatever. It's all in the routine that my muscles know and my conscious mind can forget, thereby freeing it for important things like The Simpsons.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Also, if you always tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
PPS - At least, you don't have to remember which lies you told which people.

No comments: