Wednesday 29 June 2005

Must be something in the Russian air

I was greeted by two unusual sights in the house last night. The first was fifty-five Russian matryoshka dolls, comprising eight sets and a keyring, arranged on the lounge room floor. The other was my father with a three-week beard. In my entire lifetime I've seen him unshaven maybe two days and also one time when he grew a thin moustache for a costume party, so this sighting ranks up there with Tasmanian tigers for rarity. He tells me he has decided to keep it until early next month.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - This is probably so people can see it before it's gone.
PPS - All the dolls are pre-claimed.

4 comments:

Erin Marie said...

Are those the dolls that everyone kept telling me I looked like the other night?

John said...

Yes, those are the ones. They're usually referred to in Australia as "Russian dolls" or "those dolls that fit inside each other, you know?".

Anonymous said...

Go the Matroyshka!

I can't believe your dad now has a beard. That would look.... I don't know how that would look. That sounds like something from an alternate reality.

Still plausable though. I'll have to keep a look out for the beard!

BTW, re previous blog. Is war of the worlds really good enough to get past the fact that Cruise is starting to bug me more than a barium enema? I am REALLY sick of that man!

John said...

Heh. I'll see if I can get a photo to post of the beard. It's like a "young Santa" thing - all white.

Yeah, War of the Worlds is probably good enough to be worth it despite any previous opinions you might have about Tom. I didn't know you two were having a tiff! Is this because he chose Katie Holmes over you? ;)