Thursday 9 June 2005

Reverse Psychology

Go back in time and ask me a few weeks ago if you could gain cash by putting out an empty container that says "Free money! Please take some". I dare you. A little while ago I dropped five cents in the tray to see how long it would last. It's still there. So is the other five cents I put in a few days later. So, too, is another ten cents that I had nothing to do with. Yes, in just a few short weeks, I have doubled the value of my investment!

Extrapolating from these results (and provided I can find a large enough dish) I should be able to retire early next year and buy three Hawaiian islands if I just leave all my worldly possessions out in the open, free for anyone.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Even though it's my tray, I'd feel bad about taking the ten cents out.
PPS - This will all end in tears. Mark my words.

1 comment:

Erin Marie said...

Wow, I really didn't expect that to happen. And you were worried about it becoming an expensive experience for you...