Wednesday 25 August 2004

They're thinkers

I try to avoid writing about City of Heroes extensively because (a) it's old news now and (b) if I start, I might never stop. Anyway, today I want to write about zombies.

There are regular zombies that look normal (as zombies go) and then there are huge zombies - the ones the game calls "Abomination". They look like they're made from the parts of four or five pro wrestlers, with some extra muscles stuffed under the skin just for the hell of it. They're not too bright unless one of their living handlers is around, so I typically attack those guys first. While the smaller zombies tend to follow you for a while, Abominations give up fairly quickly and just stand there looking not-so-bright. It's quite amusing to see them running after you, then stopping entirely, just because you got about 100 metres away.

That's not all, either. You can walk back up to them - pretty close, too - without drawing any aggression. I've tackled relatively large groups of Abominations one by one because the others simply did not care that I was right beside them, beating up their companions.

So now I think I've learned to handle zombies and their human handlers adequately, and they're not that fearsome. Eidelons, on the other hand, are something else entirely, and my tanker probably doesn't quite have the appropriate powers to handle them yet.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Best zombie moment ever in the game was when I saw one say "brains".
PPS - I may write something else Hero-related tomorrow.

No comments: