Sunday 22 August 2004

The Sunday Mok - 22 August 2004

Last Sunday I played City of Heroes (it really does take up heaps of my time) and got some good experience and enhancements by teaming up on some unfortunate higher-level monsters and thugs. I think we were technically out of our depth, even as a team, because I died once or twice. I thought I should see a doctor about these spots on my ankle that look like mosquito bites.
Monday I caught up with the latest Australian Idol happenings and saw a performance that was described as "Ned Flanders sings Robbie Williams". It really wasn't all that bad on the chorus - it was just the non-musical verses that were the problem. Fortunately Daniel got through to the final twelve, because he's an excellent singer. At work I ran into problems when trying to <jargon>deploy a .NET rich-client application on an IIS6-based server</jargon>.
It took until Tuesday to solve the deployment problem, and I'm still a bit unhappy with it, but at least it works. I blame Microsoft. Again. I also attended a presentation on Kelvin Grove Urban Village which was so boring that I literally fell asleep. At karate in the evening I felt a bit off my game, especially when sparring. I was kicked a few times in the chest (remember how it's a non-contact club?) and was just too slow all around. I blame stress caused indirectly by Microsoft.
Wednesday it rained, which was strange because it's been a very dry Winter and it came out of nowhere. Our youth leadership development training in the evening focused mostly on how to improve in a few areas, especially discipline. Suggestions of cattle prods were not well-received.
On Thursday I received an email about the rich client .NET application stating that it did not work properly. Unfortunately for all involved, I am now halfway between working versions of the program, so cannot just fix the one already in use. They'll have to wait for the next full version, which is probably more than a week away.
Friday I continued working on the new version of the program - I think that will be the best way forward. At youth group in the night, we played some Olympic-esque sports, and had to cut out the rice cake discus and ping-pong shot put because of time. I noticed, in a distracted sort of way, that I've been a bit more aggressive lately. I blame hormones and the changing season. I'm sure Microsoft is involved somehow.
Saturday was a sleep-in, Heroes, Invader Zim day, going non-stop from about 09:30 to 00:15. I think I've had my fill of Zim for now. That cartoon can just be a bit too ... assaulting in large doses. The images and sounds get kind of harsh. It's the cartoon equivalent of the difference between easy-listening and garage thrash.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I'll sleep when I'm dead.
PPS - This concludes our broadcast day.

No comments: