Thursday 26 August 2004

Hero TalkTM

Character creation is a rich and interesting part of the game (and one for which NCSoft has been much praised) and I definitely care about how my characters look. My brother Ug the Caveman (as he is known online) is, shall we say, more obsessive. Next to him, I may as well hit the "Random" button and charge straight in without a thought. Last night I saw him agonise for a full ten minutes about which armoured shoulder pads to put on the fourth revision of his tanker character. The others, apparently, did not cut it.

Part of the bother with revision three was his power choice: stone armour, which completely overrides the model when active and makes it look just like a lump of rock. This was, clearly, No Good At All, and was finally cast by the wayside at level 6 to start over. Personally, I'm reluctant to throw away any character, because it represents a certain time investment, and my time playing the game is limited by other activities like work. Even if I've made a bad choice about powers, I'm unlikely to back out. I guess that's just me.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I would, however, be interested in seeing the power respecification effects of certain areas.
PPS - 'Cause that "Jump Kick" power is hopeless.

No comments: