Tuesday 18 June 2013

All-in-one touch screen desktop computers

I've noticed that traditional desktop computers are going away, being replaced by laptops or, more recently, all-in-one touch screens, because Apple did it. I was kind of annoyed that the traditional tower would go away, because that's the type of computer I've bought and built in the past, but I just realised that those all-in-one touch screen desktops are close to what I've wanted for a long time. I've wanted to see how a huge touch-screen desktop would work, and these smaller options are the beginning of that change.

You do give up a lot when you make an all-in-one desktop, though. A lot of the time, it's power and upgrades, but it's been years since I did any upgrades of my own PC, and power always increases. The one thing I'm worried about is having the screen break before the rest of the all-in-one device. By the time that happens, you'll have to replace the whole thing, because replacement screens will be outdated parts.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - On the whole, though, I think it might be a good thing.
PPS - As long as you can attach external speakers. Built-in ones tend to suck.

No comments: